Yamaha MODX8 88 Key GHS Keyboard Synthesizer
Yamaha MODX8 88 Key GHS Keyboard Synthesizer for the piano player needing a piano-focused instrument with a huge variety of sound, MODX is a synthesizer with an 88-note, weighted keyboard action. MODX has over 125 years of Yamaha piano-making craftsmanship coupled with over 40 years of creating industry-leading synthesizers.
Sound is the most important aspect of any instrument. The power of the Yamaha MODX8 synthesis engine allows unlimited potential to create your own unique sound demanded by any artist.
The MODX sound engine is based on the same technology powering the flagship MONTAGE: AWM2 (Advanced Wave Memory 2) sample and synthesis engine and a pure FM-X (Frequency Modulation) synthesizer modernized for amazing sound playback and complex sound design.
MODX features 128-note stereo AWM2 polyphony and 64-notes of FM-X polyphony. Due to the unique architecture of MODX and MONTAGE, this polyphony is always available without latency or compromising other features.
MODX includes 1 GB of non-volatile user flash memory with high speed reading/writing for your own custom samples or synth libraries from yamahamusicsoft.com.
From high definition reverbs to incredibly detailed Virtual Circuit Modeling (VCM) effects, MODX is loaded with DSP innovation, power and, most importantly, sound quality. Use effects like Beat Repeat, Vinyl Break or Bit Crusher to get EDM sound. The Spiralizer effect creates the auditory illusion of a tone continually rising or falling in pitch without getting higher or lower.
You can even add a compressor with sidechain for a modern “ducking” effect. Or go retro with vintage effects like Analog Delay, VCM Phaser or a variety of Amp Simulators. Piano players will appreciate piano-focused effects like Damper Resonance for a super-realistic piano experience and the HD reverbs that let you put yourself in any performance space.
Coupled with two A/D inputs, MODX is a perfect centerpiece for any professional recording studio or live computer rig.
Automatically control the dynamic behavior of one part from another. Sidechain is very popular in modern dance music where a pad or other sustain part is “keyed” to the kick drum. When the kick drum plays, it ducks down the sustained part creating a “pumping” rhythmic effect.
MULTI-CHANNEL USB AUDIO INTERFACE
As expected for modern computer-based music production, MODX features a professional 4-in/10-out, multi-channel USB audio interface. A single-cable connection replaces the need for an external audio interface. iOS compatible.
WHAT IS MODX?
- Empower your creativity, take control and stand out from the crowd with MODX: a compact, lightweight synthesizer designed for inspired music-making.
- MODX features the same technology as MONTAGE: AWM2 (Advanced Wave Memory 2) sample and synthesis engine and pure FM-X (Frequency Modulation) synthesizer modernized for amazing sound playback and complex sound design.
- Three different models: MODX6: 61-key semi-weighted ▸ MODX7: 76-key semi-weighted ▸ MODX8: 88-key graded and weighted
- MODX sound engine based on the same technology powering the flagship MONTAGE: AWM2 (Advanced Wave Memory 2) sample and synthesis engine and a pure FM-X (Frequency Modulation) synthesizer modernized for amazing sound playback and complex sound design
- Seamless Sound Switching (SSS) lets you change performances seamlessly without any cut-off in envelope or effects (limited to four parts)
- Compact and very lightweight
- 4-in/10-out, multi-channel USB audio interface
- Motion Control puts rhythmic and dynamic control at your fingertips for a unique, personalized sound