Strymon OB.1 Optical Compressor & Clean Boost Pedal
The Strymon OB.1 optical compressor and clean boost pedal combines studio-quality, beautifully transparent analog optical compression with digital technology to supercharge your favorite amp and reveal its true character. Strymon packs premium components throughout to create the cleanest all-analog signal possible. The high-impedance input and very low-noise circuitry ensure your complex sounds follow through to the amp without degradation.
OB.1 provides more than 20 decibels of gain-compensated compression, so the signal from your instrument doesn’t interfere with any other instruments that are plugged into mix consoles. All of this technology creates a consistent level for every note you play, whether you’re at the start of the night’s set or you’re coming back for your fifth encore at 1 a.m.
Give your sound more depth and layers when the optical compression preserves your attacks while smoothing out the overall signal, bringing out the softer notes. Enjoy the sustain of high gain without too much static or overpowering squawks. Combine this optical compressor with other Strymon products for an innovative concert experience.
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Greater than 20dB of gain compensated compression
- Additional 10dB of full frequency, mid, or treble boost with Clean Boost engaged
- Treble Boost Frequency: Shelf at about 1.5 kHz or 2kHz switchable with internal DIP switches
- Mid Boost Frequency: Peak around 800 Hz or 1.1kHz switchable with internal DIP switches
- Three knobs and two pedals