Maxon PAC9 Pure Analog Chorus Pedal
The first thing you’ll notice when you step on the PAC-9 is a beefy, full-bodied chorusing that punches you directly in the chest – gone are the thin, hissy, sissified chorus tones of yesteryear, replaced instead by a full-frequency effect that simply sounds massive.
The PAC-9’s circuit uses professional-grade IC’s typically reserved for High-End Audio applications, providing audiophile performance in a compact stompbox format.
When compared to a standard chorus, the PAC-9’s effect appears more dramatic and has more presence in a mix – this is due to the retention of low and low-mid frequencies that are typically chopped out by other boxes.
The PAC-9’s LFO has an extended range that allows it to nail classic rotary speaker sounds with ease. In addition to standard Speed and Width controls, The PAC-9 also features two unique controls: The Pure switch boosts the delayed signal by 4 dB to create a more dramatic, tremolo-like chorus effect, while the Bright switch subtly scoops lows on the delayed signal for a more traditional chorusing sound.
Standard and inverted (90 degrees out of phase) outputs allow for mono, stereo, or inverted mono signal routing options.
The PAC-9’s internal voltage-doubling circuitry provides maximum headroom to eliminate input distortion. The higher operating voltage also allows it to be used in an FX loop to place the chorus effect post-gain.
- High-quality pure and clear analog chorus sound with Maxon BBD IC (MC4107D).
- PURE and BRIGHT switches are added to standard SPEED and WIDTH controls.
Addition of these switches allows creation of a wide variety of chorus effects such as pleasant chorus and
bold and deep chorus.
- Widely adjustable SPEED range of 0.33Hz – 8Hz. Leslie Simulator-like tremolo chorus is available
at faster SPEED settings.
- Employs DC to DC converter circuit and internal voltage stabilization circuit.
Battery voltage drop and fluctuation of AC power source do not affect the tone and function.
- Dual outputs allow you to play with two amplifiers for stereo chorus effects.
- High-performance Noise Reduction (which consists of RMS level sensor and high-definition VCA) provides
high dynamic range with low noise.
Clean chorus without distortion is available with high-headroom.
- Connectable to effect loop of guitar amp. (+4dB/-20dB)
- TBS (True Bypass Switching) with 4PDT mechanical switch.
No tone changes when switching bypass and effect.
- Easy-access, no tools battery compartment.
- MADE IN JAPAN