The high quality timber and traditional oil finish makes for an outstanding student outfit that continues to improve and age
The original Gliga cello outfit, the standard Gliga III cello is finished in traditional oil finish that is hand applied, not sprayed. Oil varnish is softer and more flexible, and allows the timber to ‘breathe’ and age. As it is played the tone continues to improve as the sound ‘opens up’. The attractive Dark Antique colour is consistently popular in the Australian market.
Like all Gliga instruments all fittings are of the highest quality. The solid ebony fingerboard and pegs are carefully shaped and fitted to the instrument. A Wittner Ultralight tailpiece is anchored to the sturdy ebony endpin with adjustable spike, and an aged maple bridge is included with the instrument.
The outfit is completed with an FPS Professional padded bag and the FPS Brazilwood horsehair bow with Piranito strings.
- Solid resonance spruce top
- Sycamore maple back, neck and sides
- Inlaid purfling
- Ebony pegs and fingerboard
- Wittner ultralight tailpiece with inbuilt adjusters
- Ebony plug with sturdy adjustable spike
- Aged maple bridge
- Choice of Opal A & D w/Charm G & C or Jargar Medium Blue strings
- Light flame
- Hand applied Dark Antique Oil varnish
- Stradivari pattern
- FPS Professional padded bag
- FPS brazilwood bow with ebony frog and horsehair
- Made in Romania