Focusrite Scarlett Octo Pre 8-Channel Mic Preamp
The Focusrite Scarlett Octo Pre is a professional 8-channel microphone preamp. Great for expanding your compatible audio interface’s analog inputs for multi-track recordings. The Scarlett OctoPre features the renown Focusrite microphone pre-amps for clarity and accuracy with high headroom and pads on each channel. Also featured is 8 balanced line outputs, sourced directly from the inputs allow Scarlett OctoPre to be used in a live situation whilst capturing the recording via the digital ADAT output.
These features, combined with the word clock sync I/O and 5-segment LED metering, render the unit quite suitable for use in the studio. But that’s only one of its intended uses: the Scarlett OctoPre also operates well in live-sound conditions. Providing eight additional preamps for the stage, all feeding their respective line outputs so they can feed a multitude of mixers, consoles, and PAs. You can even use the line outputs to feed a console while simultaneously recording digitally via the ADAT outputs. As with other items in the Scarlett series, the OctoPre ships with included software, giving you access to the Focus Red 3 plug-in suite, as well as the Softube Time & Tone bundle.
- 8-channel mic/line preamp expansion with ADAT output
- 8 x 2nd-generation Scarlett mic/line pres,
- 8 line outputs, fed from mic preamps
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz AD/DA for high-resolution audio
- ADAT outputs (8 channels at up to 48kHz, 4 channels at 96kHz, 2 channels at 192kHz)
- Mic pres and front-panel instrument inputs engineered with generous headroom
- 5-segment LED metering and channel clip indicators
- 48-volt phantom power available across all inputs (switchable: 1-4, 5-8)
- Word clock I/O